Sunday, July 14, 2013

Paul McCartney Concert

This is turning out to be the summer of concerts.  We saw the Go-Go's (with the B52's) on June 30.  Then Matchbox Twenty (with the Goo Goo Dolls) on July 7 (wonderful!).  And we went to the Paul McCartney concert tonight.  Next we're going to the Maroon5 concert on August 3.  Paul said we're covering every decade of music since the 1960's.  Paul McCartney for the 1960's and 1970's, the Go-Go's for the 1980's, Matchbox Twenty for the 1990's and 2000's and Maroon5 for the 2000's.

The Paul McCartney concert was great!  He performed for 2 hours and 45 minutes and played a ton of Beatles and Wings songs.  I saw him last summer but I wanted to see him again.  I've learned if there is an artist you want to see then go see him/her before it's too late.  Some artists retire and never tour (like Steve Perry of Journey) and some pass away (like Benjamin Orr of the Cars).

I wish I had seen McCartney and Wings in the 1970's.  I would have liked to see Paul and Linda together.  They came to Cincinnati in the 70's but I was too young to go on my own and no one would take me.  Sigh.
 
Anyway---it was fantastic!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment