Sunday, August 18, 2013

Indiana State Fair

We made our annual trip to the State Fair yesterday (Saturday).  I know that it sounds kind of red-necky (E-I...E-I...Oh!), but it really is a lot of fun.  I'm a city girl and I'm used to just cats and dogs so I enjoy going to the fair to see the animals.  I also like shop at the stalls (I am a shopaholic after all).  And the food is great!  I'm sure it's not the best for you, but it really is good.  There is one place that makes the best apple dumplings that I've ever eaten!  We have to get one every time we go.  This is a picture of the main thoroughfare at the fair:

 
And these are some pictures of the animals.
 
Look at the newborn piglets.  They're so cute!
 


The worlds biggest boar is actually kind of unappealing, but here he is:

 
We love to see the chicks, ducks and the rabbits.

 


They have an area where you can feed goats.

 
I asked Paul to win me a prize.  He tried the basketball game, but no luck.  Maybe next year.

 
All in all another great year at the fair!

No comments:

Post a Comment