Sunday, May 26, 2013

Road Trip to Madison, Indiana

We're back from our first road trip of the summer.  We took the new car down to Madison, Indiana today.  It's on the Ohio River, about 100 miles south of Indy.  We go to Madison once each summer.  Our first stop was the Lumber Mill Antique Mall.  We've found some great things at this mall before.

 

Today we found a Fenton Carnival Glass bowl.  It has butterflies and flowers on it.  Very nice!
 
 

Next we went to the Spring Old Court Days festival.  It had a variety of arts and crafts and collectibles.  I found an artist/jewelry maker who had the most amazing lampwork beads.  Some were pink, some were purple, some were ivory.  Each had the most exquisite glass flowers on the surface.  Very small and very detailed.  She made me a bracelet, earrings and a pendant.  I don't think I can take a picture that will do them justice but I tried. 



Last we went to Clifty Falls State Park for a little walk.  Everything was so green and the birds were singing.  It was gorgeous.




Not sure where we're going next but it's bound to be fun.  I love spring and summer.


 

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment