Sunday, September 8, 2013

Paul's Post - Watches


Paul's Post







 

I was reading my most recent issue of Esquire magazine (An absolutely great magazine! You should really have a look at it sometime.) and I was looking at the ads for watches.  These were ads for some really nice (and expensive) watches, but I was struck by how boring they were.  They seemed to be either very basic and plain or overly functional with several dials and timers and dates.  These are a couple of examples of watches that are like this that I found online:

Tag Heuer - Basic and plain
 
Breitling - Overly functional
 
I have several watches that are not nearly as expensive as these, but I think they are much more interesting and stylish than these two.  These are four of my watches:

Stauer - A skeleton watch - I have gotten comments on this watch for years. 
 
Kenneth Cole - It's a bit hard to see in the picture, but the face has a paua shell type surface.
 

Fossil - I guess that you can argue that this watch is overly functional (I tend to agree),
but the color is very unusual and eye catching.
 
 
This is not to say that I don't see expensive watches that I like, but they seem rather few and far between.  While I was looking around today, I did see some watches that caught my eye.  If I had the money, these are the ones that I would buy:
 
Rolex - I just love the color and the matching leather band.  This design also comes in several other colors - blue, cherry, cognac, and chocolate.
 
Also a Rolex - The two tone face adds interest to an otherwise simple design.
 

So if someone out there wants to get me a really, really nice birthday gift, I can give you some hints. 



No comments:

Post a Comment