Sunday, September 22, 2013

Austenland and The Wizard of Oz - An IMAX 3-D Experience

Hi All.

Nothing really exciting this weekend to report.  We went shopping, out to dinner and then I "dragged" Paul to see a couple of chick-flicks.  (Don't tell anyone, but he likes this type of movie more than a real man should.)  Yesterday (Saturday) we saw the movie Austenland.  It's about an English resort that immerses it's guests in Regency England, complete with a Jane Austen-like suitor.  It was fun but not at all what I expected.  Sometimes I think it would be neat to live in Regency England but really I'd rather go to Austenland for a few weeks, if only it existed.

 
I do admit that I liked Mr. Nobly (the Fitzwilliam Darcy character).  Here is the actor, JJ Feild, with Keri Russell (who played Jane). 


While we were at the theatre we discovered that The Wizard of Oz had been released in a new 3-D IMAX format ("An IMAX 3-D Experience").  We decided to do that today (Sunday).  I'm really a Wizard of Oz geek.  Most of my favorite movies are sci-fi, but this is one of the few girlie movies that I really love.  It was really cool to see the movie on the big screen and in 3-D.  I remember watching it every year in the spring when it played on TV.  It was always such a big deal when it came on.  I think I was probably about five when I saw it the first time and I never missed a year.

Judy Garland had a beautiful voice.  I always wished I could sing like her.


If I have to decide I think the Scarecrow is my favorite character.  I can't really say why - I just love him.


The Lion is my second favorite.  He's so funny. 


The Tin Man is my third.  I think he's sweet.


We're off to see the Wizard, the wonderful Wizard of Oz...



 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment