Sunday, April 13, 2014

Wildflowers at McCormick's Creek State Park

Hi All,

We're still in the throes of unpacking and decorating the new house but we did take time yesterday for our annual wildflower sighting trip to McCormick's Creek State Park.  The park is south of Indy - 14 miles from Bloomington.  We've gone there to look at the wildflowers every year in April for several years.  The wildflowers bloom this time of year and it's very pretty.  


I wish I knew the names of the flowers but I don't.  If I have time I'll look them up and label them.


We even saw a butterfly.


Here's a picture of the creek.


We were a bit too early and the bluebells hadn't bloomed yet but here's a picture from last year.


Here are a few more pictures from last year. 




It's kinda fun for a city girl like me to go out to the park for the day.  But it wasn't fun to go back up the 146 steps to get to the car.  Ugh!








No comments:

Post a Comment