Friday, March 28, 2014

16th Annual Spring Indianapolis Bead, Gem, Mineral & Jewelry Show

I'm back to blogging after a long break.  We bought a new house in early January (crazy to do that with the bad weather we had - huh?) and have been super busy with moving, unpacking and decorating.  And fixing up the old house to sell.  It took FOREVER and we're still not done!  But we're working hard.

I've been busy with work too.  Training and overtime.  It never seems to end.

Anyway, we finally had some time for something fun.  Last Saturday we went to the 16th Annual Spring Indianapolis Bead, Gem, Mineral & Jewelry Show held at the State Fairgrounds.  It was smallish but too totally cool.  I didn't take pictures at the show but if you're interested in pictures or more info go to:

http://www.toteshows.com/indianapolisspring.html
 
I found some awesome things.

silver tanzanite/diamond ring


silver larimar ring

 
silver tanzanite/mystic topaz/amethyst/chrome diopsite/diamond butterfly pin/necklace

 
blue goldstone necklace and earrings

 
silver gem stone spoons
 


gem stone (rhodochrosite/jade/quartz) tree
 
 

I've been a gem/mineral collector since I was five when my Dad took me to the Cincinnati gem and mineral show for the first time.  I go every year and haven't missed a show yet!  The next show in Cincinnati (Geofair) is May 3rd and 4th.  Can't wait! 
 
 
I have so many cool pieces of unique jewelry, gem stone trees and gem/mineral specimens but I can't wear or display them all.  In future blogs, though, I'll try to show some of the more interesting ones.

1 comment: